Thursday, August 7, 2008

A walk down the memory lane.



My first post for this url. :)

I'm back to Blogger.com again, maybe not for long. Haha.
I think I work better with Blogger.
Anyway, nextoyou.lj will still be available for me to put locked posts just for my lovelies though. :)

I reckon that this post will be a super duper ultra very very very long one.
We shall see who will survive till the very last word of this entry yeah. :)

I shall start from January 2007 :)

Broke up with a guy which we lasted for nearly 7months. Got together with another guy but only to find out that it was just a fling and we broke up within a month. Had Sec4 camp, which was a study camp and I remembered how some of us complained over this stupid redundant camp. Attended some English workshops at Tamp library with my classmates. Oh yes, we took a photo together. Joan and I printed the photos out and put them into a frame before giving out to some lovelies on Valentine's Day. Shopped for CNY clothes and spent don’t know how many hundreds over on those linglinglonglong stuffs with Joan. We used to spend a lot, hell a lot of money every weekend whenever we went out. Had quite a number of family problems too. I hated my family back then. Met up with my primary school mates and realised how much all of us have changed over the years.

Before the month of Feb ended, I got to know Allan through Melina. It started by msn. He happened to see her display picture and asked who the girl beside her was. We started out by conferencing with each other on the phone, only for that few minutes. Before I slept that night, he messaged me. So we met on one Saturday, which was Melina's late grandma's funeral at Simei. He had to cab there as he don’t even know where is this ulu neighbourhood shopping centre called Eastpoint. Haha. At the end of the day, he accompanied me home by cab. He went back to the place again. We got together at around 11plus that night. It was only 5 days after we got to know each other. At that point of time, we don't even know each other well, but still managed to even last this r/s for 16months.

In the month of March, we celebrated Zengting's birthday at Sentosa. There was.. Constance and her siblings, KS, Shannon&Beverley, Joan and myself. It was the first time hanging out with them as we weren’t really close to each other in the first place, but it was hell fun. Had our last cross country and cheering competition in prcs. I remembered our class had some politics when we were practising for the cheer and made Ms Lim really upset. In the end, we won ourselves the best class cheer among the upper sec cohort, best class cheer in the level and overall best cheer in the whole school. :) We were really tired after the cross country at Bedok Reservoir and called for Pizzahut delivery as dinner at Joan's house. There were many people around. Beverley, Shannon, KS, Zengting, Constance, Tingting and I kind of forgot who were there still.. Haha, we played with her dog Mimi too. Oh, there was a Choir Camp too, organised by the committee, which was the 10 of us who got along very very well and always go for bubble tea/dinner/lunch together before and after every choir practice at Central. I was having a high fever that time but still continued to stay in school. I remembered Allan was very worried for me that night. Had barely a couple of hours of sleep. Called for Mac delivery. MdmPeh was really nice to us. We studied together in the canteen, got very tired and went to lie down near the pond area. All of us were playing stupid games, talking crap to spend the hours away. Seekhei and I got so tired that we dozed off. The next thing I knew was Rasikin poured some water near my butt area and someone else's one. They started giggling and woke me up. Mass dance etc.etc. It was fun (at least the 10 of us thought so) :) Got some suspensions here and there because of my coloured hair. MrRazak always got Joan and I mixed up and for once he suspended her as he mistook her for me and it was bad luck that I wasn't in school too.

First monthsary in the month of April. He brought me to DHL balloon, which I thought he wouldn't take it seriously because I was only making a casual remark on wanting to go uppppp there on the DHL balloon. SYF competition. Bronze. Disappointed. Watched 200pounds beauty at Suntec. We didn't know there were sofa seats and so we sat there, only to realise that it cost like $18more for each seat and we were willing to pay the additional charge (as actually it was damn embarrassing to get up when the movie already started) but the crew was being very nice, and so we enjoyed the luxury of sitting the comfy sofa throughout the movie FOC.

May was my birthday month. Had MYE exams and needless to say I did very badly, which wasn't very surprising and I dint really cared. My relationship with my family gradually improved. Mango cake for my birthday from Allan, which I always wanted to have on my birthdays. That was when Mum had quite good impression of him (when he came up to my house just for the cake). And yessss, my dearest girl Guifang kissed me on the cheek for my birthday. Haha. I remembered clearly that I was really shocked when my mum gave me a Prada wallet which I wished for and I haven’t even use it. It's still in my drawer. Haha. Oh yes, and the couple rings from Couple Lab. Heh. Sort of quarreled with Joan on my birthday eve and got really upset, but we always turned out fine after every argument/quarrel. :)

Normal routines from June onwards. Going out with Allan on every Saturdays. Shoppings. Movies. Jacqueline went to Melbourne. I missed her and realised how long we hadn't been meeting up as time went by. The first time I went to the gym with Joan, Melina and Khei. They bought Tiramisu cake for me before that and we had it at a nearby playground. Cable car for the 5th monthsary in July. I merely said "Let's take cable car k!” and he just brought me there. Dined with his family, together with the relatives at Clarke. Felt kind of uneasy because it was my first dinner with them, but it went well. Caught the first fireworks of the ndp rehearsal at Marina Bay. His sister happened to have 2 tickets for one of the NE shows. Gave me a surprise and it made my day.

Slowly, I felt that I've drifted apart with some friends out there.

August arrived and it was Ting's birthday at Aranda chalet. Getting busy with my DNT coursework and got injured by one damn sawing machine. Right after the injury, I was down with high fever and throat infection. Went to see a doctor on one Sunday with Melina and cost me $60+ when the doctor said it was nothing serious even when red spots started to appear on my arms + face. It worsened and sister took me to another clinic, only to find out that I've gotten CHICKEN POX WTF. He said there wasn’t a need to have any injections/medicine to stop it from growing more as the virus was spread all over my body. Surprisingly, there weren’t any on my legs+hands. I remembered how scared I was (it was my first time in my life) and cried almost every night and whenever I looked myself into the mirror. Spent hundreds on the doctor and got MCs over and over again. I missed school for one month+, including prelims. It was when I got to know some hypocrites masked by their angelic faces behind my back. A blessing in disguise.

The whole of Sep + Oct was hell for me. Friendship problems took up the most of my troubles. Lost a couple of friends. Booked tickets for Singapore Flyer. The month of O's. Did last minute muggings. Bought a cake for Yan's birthday and gave her a surprise in school before humanities paper.

Life gradually turned wonderful when Nov arrived. Allan's mum came up to my house to talk to my mum about the Korea trip. My nicest and kindest Dad agreed. Prom night, and it was a last minute decision. Sister forced me to work because I was idling at home everyday. So, worked for her husband's cousin's Lasik surgery clinic at Paragon. Pay was good. Haha. Allan's birthday, we dined at Allson Hotel together with his family and we had a small tiff. Met up with Zt and Ting for a couple of times during work, and also with Melina. Went to Korea and missed Joan's BBQ on her birthday. Came back on Christmas Eve.

Soon, it came to an end of year 2007.

New Year countdown with Allan, together with my sis and her friends. She booked one hotel room at Swissotel hotel and saved all the trouble from having to squeeze with the crowd. I remembered how fun it was. Fireworks were extremely beautiful. Spring cleaning in my house nearing the CNY season. We cycled don’t know for how many times to the nearby area just to buy paints for our house. O level results came out at the end of the month. That was when I started to panic because I thought I'd end up in ITE/not even eligible for it. Still, I've gotten unexpected results. Though not that good, but I was still satisfied.

It was awesome for the month of Feb too. CNY and Valentine. Sister came over to stay with her bunch of friends and we played mahjong + manicure + eat. My first valentine spent with Allan. Got into rmt and I appealed to bsg, but it was unsuccessful in the end. Went to the zoo. Swimming and gym sessions with Allan.

One year anniversary with Allan in March. Dined at Merchant Court of Swissotel and went for the Singapore Flyer. Counting down to the days before Allan's enlistment. Had a small bbq just before his enlistment day. He got his tattoo done too. Lost my O's cert in one of the toilets at Cathay.

Cried for the first few days when he just got enlisted. Melina and few other lovelies kept me company before my orientation and school started. I realised how much I've spent on shoppings for that few months. Got to know these 3 girls. Xinghuei, Adeline, Tinghui. Boring school life started again.

Time flies and soon it was my birthday month again. Fell sick. I remembered Xinghuei brought one water-spraying toilet bowl to school. First dinner with Zt, Ting and Const after school started. Did the advertisement boards for CCN day. I thought that my life was really great at that point of time. Spent my birthday with my clique and it was indeed a wonderful one, really. Quarreled with Allan that night. ):
Had midsem tests and I flunked most of them.

AND NOWWWWWWW, It has come to the last week of school and it'll mark the end of sem 1 soon.

Many events happened over the past 3 months and yes, we broke up. July 13th. A relationship which lasted for 1 year, 4 months and 10 days. 497 days in total. Everything changed drastically over the past few months. It worsened without us knowing it. Too many conflicts.. Too many. Perhaps I’m not a good girlfriend after all these times. Of all the quarrels we had, of all these months we spent together, 'let’s breakup' never occurred to our minds. Never. Over the 2months, I suffered from many many falls, emotionally. How many tears since the start of his enlistment till now, I don't know. The thought of breaking up was not a harsh decision too. Drastic changes eventually broke us up.. We used to think that nothing would break this relationship. Absolutely nothing. But in the end, it's us ourselves who broke this eventually.. Though the breakup came from him on that day, I myself knew that I don't have the ability to go on any longer. Those teary days and nights eventually made me learnt how to stand up from this biggest fall in my life. Heartbreak is the worst thing that can happen to mankind.

Looking back at all the times we've spent together, I admired myself for having such a stable and strong relationship with him then. Whenever we go out together, he always never fail to fetch me from home at the start of the day, and send me home at the end of the day. For all the good times and the bad, I spent it all with him throughout those months. Now.. Those bad memories kept on haunting me and I'm too afraid to start anew. No, I cant afford to suffer from another fall again. I cant afford to.. Before all these happened, I used to tell myself: He's the best I ever had. He treats me the best, gives me whatever I wished and wanted for. For once, I felt so blessed for being his girlfriend.

And now I wonder, have I been a very good girlfriend to you too? Or just the same as any other girlfriends you had in the past? Am I the best you ever had too? It's not the change in myself that you're disappointed with. It's my stubbornness. My biggest weakness. Yes, I'm sorry.. Many things left unspoken for, I know myself the best and I jolly well know I wouldn't express all these feelings out. But deep down inside, I know myself..
Let's move on, boy. It's difficult during these intial stages but still, life goes on. I guess it is going to take a long period of time but yes, still the same old saying "Let's move on.." It won’t be easy for you, and please dont think that it'll be easier for me. From strangers to friends, from flamers to dust. Now, back to square one.. Allan Fung, thanks for being my boyfriend, a great boyfriend all along..


This walk down the memory lane is quite a long and wordy one. I've missed out some details but decided not to add in anymore. And yesss, I know I've neglected hell lotsa friends out there throughout this period of time too. I'm sorry.. You people are still my lovelies (: I've lost some friends, broke some friendships along the way, but I guess I learnt many lessons as time went by. Saying goodbye is the hardest of all. Saying goodbyes to friends, saying goodbyes to love.

As we grow older, we'll tend to think back all the old times we had. Some memories may be quite bad, some quite memorable, some childish but great times, some foolish but fun times. What's left are always memories, for us to reminisce, for some to smile/cry over.

Anyway, Happy National Day. Haha. Yesterday was 080808.
A really beautiful combination of numbers. :) A great day too.
I wanted to start anew, and I've started anew. :)

Whatever I've typed earlier on are just, as I said, memories.. :)
Ohhh yes, it took me 3 nights to type this post. Haha.

Hahah, anyway, I spent my day with Xinghuei at Siglap mac, studied 3 chapters of CSA.
There's a lot to remember !!!!!!!! Went to Siewyin's house to slack around and watched the NDP show.
No chance to watch fireworks (!) Argh.
They went for steamboat, and I headed home.
My head was feeling a lil heavy but I don't know why. So I guess I'll turn in sooooon.

No comments: